Resume of Lillian Simmons
- 1951-1960 - Studied piano for nine years at the International Conservatory of Music and the Raisa Olivé Musical Institute in Almendares, Havana, Cuba
- 1963-1966 - Completed two years of college in Spanish Education at University of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
- 1993 - Certified Professional Legal Secretary by the National Association of Legal Secretaries.
- 2007 to Present - Founder and Director of the International Studio of Music in Round Rock, Texas
- 2010 to 2017 - Experience teaching group classes. I regularly teach group classes at all levels of advancement and to beginning adults in my studio. I also teach Midi for Kids at Brushy Creek Elementary School this 2016-2017 school year.
- Retired Legal Secretary. Highlight of work experience as a legal secretary: 1987-1993 - Legal Secretary at United States Fidelity & Guaranty Company, New Orleans, Louisiana
"Tips and Techniques: Hand Position", page 26, Texas Music Teacher magazine, Spring 2010. Copy of article on line: Hand Position
- Student achievements
2008-2010 - Two of Lillian's students are piano accompanyists in school bands. Five students play other instruments in school bands. Two students got Superior ratings at festivals of the Austin District Music Teachers Association. Three students got medals for their high grades in their theory tests. Two students were District Winners in the Auditions of the Piano Guild.
- 2009 and 2010 - Attended the Annual Conventions of the Texas Music Teachers Association.
- 2007 to Present - Member of Austin District Music Teachers Association; Bluebonnet Music Teachers Association; Piano Guild of the American College of Musicians.
- 2008-2011 - Officer of the Student Affiliate Division of the Austin District Music Teachers Association.
- 2010 to Present - Officer of the Executive Board of the Bluebonnet Music Teachers Association.
- System Administrator of the yrose.us website. Webmaster of Bluebonnetmta.org website
- Four pianos in the studio used for group classes.